2023 Annual Catholic Appeal
We are the mission of the Church
Supporting our parishes, Catholic schools, and each other
Click Here to Donate to the 2023 Annual Catholic Appeal
The Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) is the largest source of funding for the works of the Diocese of Tucson. The Appeal provides the financial resources for the ministries and charities that serve individuals and families of our parishes, schools, and communities.
Each year, the Catholic Foundation and Bishop Edward J. Weisenburger, in collaboration with the parishes and missions of the Diocese, renew the Annual Catholic Appeal to raise the much-needed funding for the financial support of the Catholic charities and ministries which serve people throughout our Diocese.
Each year, the Diocese of Tucson assesses its financial resources and its ability to respond effectively and with compassion to the needs of our parishes, Catholic schools, and the community it serves.
Office of the Chancellor:
- Provides personnel support for active and retired priests and Deacons of the Diocese.
Office of Vocation:
- Promotes priestly vocations
- Selects qualified candidates for discernment
- Coordinates seminarian formation and education
- Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona (CCS)
- Needy Parishes and Native American Missions
- Kolbe Society (formerly the Detention Ministry)
Office of Catholic Schools:
- Ensures the spiritual and professional development of Catholic school administrators and teachers
- Provides our 17 elementary and 6 high schools with quality application of curricula
Office of Pastoral Services:
- Provides training and resources, including Catechist Certification Levels I and II
- Supports programs that promote respect for the dignity of human life and the Social Mission of the Church
- Offers expertise in religious education, family life, liturgy, ministry formation, spirituality, and parish planning
- Provides Spanish language resources and programs of ministry formation and training
Office of the Bishop:
- Supports the pastoral and administrative ministries of the Bishop, allowing the Bishop to fulfill his pastoral and canonical responsibilities
Office of the Moderator of the Curia:
- Oversees the efficient use of staff
- Ensures that personnel of the Curia properly fulfill the offices and responsibilities entrusted to them
The Office of Formation:
- Provides certification and faith formation of adults, lay ministers, and clergy
- Provides continuing education and formation for parish ministry leaders
Office of Archives:
- Preserves and maintains accurate, historical records of the Diocese
- Assists parishes, faith communities, and schools in establishing and maintaining current and historical records
Office of the Permanent Diaconate:
- Provides for invitation, evaluation and formation of new candidates
- Provides pastoral support and continuing education of permanent deacons
Offices of the Tribunal:
- Cooperates with pastors and with other offices and agencies in fostering pastoral care to persons who are separated, divorces, and those planning a future marriage with the Church
Office of Child, Adolescent and Adult Protection:
- Thoroughly screen members of the clergy, parish employees, and volunteers who work with children, young people and the vulnerable as part of their Church ministry
Office of Property and Insurance Services:
- Provides centralized administrative resources and insurance compliance for parish and school facilities
Office of Human Resources:
- Provides centralized personnel administration for some 2,000 employees in our parishes and schools
- Provides centralized accounting and bookkeeping services to approximately 38 parishes
- Will eventually undertake accounting and bookkeeping responsibilities for all parishes in the Diocese
Click Here to Donate to the 2023 Annual Catholic Appeal
FREQUENTLY Asked Questions
Why is our Diocese conducting the Annual Catholic Appeal?
The ACA represents more than 51% of the support needed to fund the diocesan ministries each year. The Bishop asks Catholics in the Diocese to generously support these important and on-going ministries that provide educational, pastoral, and charitable outreach to those living in the Diocese, by giving to the ACA.
Why do we need the ministries and services provided by the Diocese?
The ACA funds over 26 on-going ministries and services of the Church. These very important ministries and services are beyond the resources of any single parish. Coordinating programs at the Diocesan level, such as religious education, seminarian education and vocations, lay ministry formation, youth and young adults ministry, prison ministry, etc., eliminates duplication, provides consistency, and saves both time and money.
Is it important to give to the ACA, even though I am already giving to my parish?
The programs at your parish are very important and much of the work of the Church and the Diocese takes place at the local level. However, there are certain specialized services such as education, vocations, diocesan conferences and trainings, construction project services, for which the Diocese takes the major responsibility. These are vital services no single parish can provide and must be shared by all.
What should I give to the ACA?
The decision on how much to give needs to be personal and prayerful. God has given each of us gifts, graces, talents and abilities, which are to be shared responsibly and wisely with others. We are also challenged to make our financial gifts from substance, not abundance, and in proportion to our blessings.